Adopt these simple tips to ensure the well-being of your children.
- CHECK YOUR BLIND AND CURTAIN CORDS
Check your blinds are genuine Weathermaster Window coverings and have been installed correctly with “cleats” and “child safety cords” (if they are corded window coverings). Look for loose or looped cords that your child could reach from the floor or by climbing on furniture.
NB: Not only is it important to practice this at home but also to make it a habit when on holiday and staying with friends or family.
- SECURE LOOSE CORDS OUT OF REACH
Ensure you secure your unsafe cords/chains out of reach and always make sure safety devices are fixed to solid materials that won’t fail if a weight is placed on them.
- ONLY PURCHASE WEATHERMASTER COVERINGS THAT:
- Come with approved child safety mechanism to secure cords/chains
- Or that have no cords/chains at all, such as our automated shades, wand control systems or LiteRise lifting systems.
- KEEK CHILDREN AWAY FROM ALL CORDS & CHAINS
Position anything a young child can climb on, sit in or stand on (like beds, cots, highchairs, tables, sofas, chairs and bookshelves) away from windows that have cords/chains.
You can never be too careful when it comes to your loved ones safety.
WHAT THIS ARTICLE HELPFUL?